Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What is a picture REALLY worth!?

We have all heard the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words."  I would agree SOME pictures are worth a thousand words.  Here are a few of my favorites:



And of course....


Well...I spent most of the month of December gathering my favorite pictures from 2010 and scrapbooking our sweet memories from the past year...everything from my sister's wedding to Adam's 1st Georgia football game to our 11 day trip to see all of our friends in Florida. 

I do, in fact, realize that there is "new" technology that will allow you to make photobooks quickly online by simply uploading pictures, inserting your credit card, and waiting for the arrival in the mail!  BUT I LOVE reliving the memories, cutting fun shapes, and gluing in ticket stubs, invitations, and any other 'scrap' that I saved to inlcude in the book.  It does cause quite a mess in the dining room, but Adam is pretty patient with me.



As I was scrapbooking, I talked to my dad and told him what I was doing.  He laughed and told me about a home he recently bought after a gentleman passed away.  He said that he was going through the attic and found several scrapbooks that this man and his late wife made.  He looked through some, but tossed most things as he had several rooms to clean up before he could rent the house out. 

Then he asked, "What do you think people will do with your scrapbooks when you are dead?" HA!  Seriously, dad!   That wasn't really where I thought the conversation was going.  I guess now that I think about it, I hope that when I die (hopefully in 100 years) that I leave more than scrapbooks and pictures.  I hope I leave a legacy (for lack of a way better word!) of joy, kindness, peace, and patience.  Those are the things can never be tossed. 

In the meantime, I say, "Happy Scrapbooking!"  May your pictures be clear, your cuts be straight, and your books be filled with lots of beautiful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment