- Am I excited? Sure.
- Am I ready for a new adventure? I think so.
- Do I have to continually remind myself that I am excited because my heart is breaking a little bit? Yup.
Those who know me keep telling me things like, “See? Auburn wasn’t so bad, was it?” Growing up in Georgia, I was raised as a dawg through and through. My blood runs red and black; my heart sings “Glory, glory to Ole Georgia;” and, I won’t lie, I get a little misty eyed on game days surround by 92,000+ of my closest friends!
Somehow even with all that Georgia lovin’, the Lord had different plans for me. He led me to Alabama to be a student at AU, and this is where I have spent the last 6 years – essentially my whole adult life. As corny as it sounds, I have truly experienced my highest highs and lowest lows in the greater Auburn/Opelika area.
Each day as I drive to work I am so vividly reminded of this beautiful, crazy roller coaster that I have been riding calledlife. I see:
- the building I was in when I found out my grandma had passed;
- the doctor’s office I wept in when struggling with infertility issues;
- the bank where I signed my divorce papers;
- my 1st solo apartment where I had to figure out life on my own;
- the homes of friends who loved me when I felt so alone;
- the office of my mentor who believed in me when I was filled with self-doubt;
- the restaurant where I went on a “group date” with my soon-to-be husband, Adam;
- the first townhouse that Adam and I moved into after we were married; and
- the hospital where I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl.
Change is hard, and I am not 100% sure that I am ready for this move. Yet, here’s to believing that friends are just a phone call away and that new memories are ready to be made!
**The Greer Family**
And here's to hoping that I get back to blogging now that I have finished my dissertation!