Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vacation...Porpoise Sighting from a CANOE!!

Rivers and beaches and pools, oh my!  We are enjoying our vacation as we circle the state of Florida visiting family and friends (i.e. fun and inexpensive holiday before school gears back up).

Adam and I went on a canoe ride on the Banana River yesterday afternoon.  It was beautiful outside as we watched fish jump and the sun shine down on us.  Then Adam spotted a porpoise!!  

Check out the video as we basically paddled right next to the porpoise!  Shoot, he/she almost swam underneath the canoe (in the 2nd video)! 

The 1st one has me narrating; the 2nd one is a little windy but mr. porpoise gets CLOSE!

I was having a laughing attack...excited like a little kid.  Growing up in Georgia, you dont see this everyday unlike my surfer boy husband who is like a fish to water....better yet, a porpoise to water!  Enjoy :) 








More photos and videos of the trip to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment