Friday, May 28, 2010

I've heard that you shouldn't pray for patience...

I've heard that if you pray for patience, then God will give you plenty of opportunities to "exercise" patience! Well, I have been praying that I would have a good attitude during this season of transistions and adjustment....ahhh!!! I guess that I prayed for MANY opportunities to practice having a good attitude, because it has been a WET and WILD week for the Greer family.

1. Bubbly Toilets - The city has been working on our water lines/pipes recently. Last weekend next to NOTHING would flush. I'll try not to be too graphic, but imagine this: a #1 would hardly flush. Know what I'm saying? Our neighbors confirmed that it was happening in their homes, so we werent too worried. Just needed to be patient until they were done. Now, the toilets flush, but all week our toilets have been singing to us. They bubble; they drain. Once our bathtub was even filled with water and dirt and it did not come from the facet....up from below! Seriously.

2. Spewing Sink - Monday (start of the work week) Adam reaches under the counter to get the mouth wash to find our sink pipe (not sure if that is the technical name) spitting water. He had already fixed this once before. Something about a washer gone or the putty had disintegrated. I am not sure. We have known about this little "project," but thought it was fixed. So, we have had to shower in our bathroom, but brush our teeth and such in the front bathroom. Nothing a huge deal. Just a little annoying.

3. Walking in the Rain - Now this was TOTALLY MY FAULT! HAHA. Adam and I have been riding to campus together and if you know anything about Auburn University, you know that students have to walk and walk and walk to get from their car to their class. Well, Wednesday we were leaving campus. We were about 2/3 of the way to the car (about 5 minutes) and it starts raining. I reach in my bag to get my keys only to find...NO KEYS! I had left them on my desk. Adam turns to go get them (I wait under a tree) and it begins to POUR!! He comes back soaking wet and didnt talk to me for a while after that. My bad!

4. Fountain in the Front Bathroom - I woke up this morning to a shout of "OH CRAP!" from Adam. I leap out of bed only to find a fountain of water flying up from the floor (where the sink pipes connect) and an inch of water already on the floor in the bathroom!!! No one was even in the bathroom when it started! So I grab every towel we own while Adam runs to turn off the water. We are thankful that we were home when this happened and didnt come home to an inch of water in the whole house, because the water was coming out fast and it wouldnt have taken long to be very bad!



So, now we are waiting for the plumber and the City of Opelika to "open" so that we can get everything figured out. I also will not drink anything because I dont want to have to walk to the neighbor's house multiple times to borrow their facilities. :)

Lord...I am trying to have a good attitude. Please bless us with helpful hands this afternoon and some solutions to all the wet and wild situations we are facing. Thank you for the blessings we have received in spite of all this (a few good laughs) and for your sense of humor in providing so many "opportunities" to practice patience & having a good attitude. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I think you need to have that city reimburse you for any damages. I'm sorry you are going through this. It must be difficult. But what an awesome way to testify to the fact that God listens...and is intimately involved in our everyday lives....even if it involves a #1!

    Good luck, you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...So sorry...so hoping this gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete