Sunday, April 4, 2010

How the YELLOW sucks our life force!


Mallory and I are tough people now, and I am sure I do not need to convince anyone of that, but let me tell you what this completely unnatural force I am calling the "Yellow" does to us... It sucks our life force!!!


On Friday at work, I was so excited about Easter weekend and beautiful weather, so that we could accomplish some goals around the house. Then after a typical lunch on a typical Friday afternoon while I was fighting the tiredness from lunch and the impossibly slow moving clock, I thought that the exhaustion I was feeling was because I was overwhelmed with the excitement to be home with my wife. Then I couldn't breath out of my nose. Then my head hurt. After getting home, Mallory explained that same things were happening to her and we concluded that the "Yellowness" that is covering the entire southeast right now must be the culprit... The "Yellow"... The Pollen!!!


As I mentioned earlier, Mallory and I are quite possibly the toughest people you know (or ignorant.) So of course we brushed off this minor incident with nature and continued on to a beautiful evening were we walked to dinner and walked pleasantly back home in our beautiful neighborhood that consequently is covered in "Yellow!" We'll just sleep it off is what we both assumed...


The next morning we planned a marvelous morning and afternoon of driving around town to some of our favorite venues including Sam's (for lunch and snacks), and of course Walgreen's for some Claritin D. We planned to kind of throw the Walgreen's trip in there just in case our stuffy-headedness that we woke up to didn't pass (remember, we're tough.)


To make this painfully drawn out story a tiny bit shorter, I broke first. I was begging for mercy after our first stop on our list of amazing and exciting places to visit over the course of an afternoon that was to be filled with amazing outdoor weather and temperature. The Claritin D barely made an impact as I crippled my way through our last few stops, and we even made it home early so that the wuss, me, could west his wittle head...


Note: At this moment, Mallory cautiously takes her Claritin D so that she will not let her body be consumed by the "Yellow" like her strong and manly, and now immobile husband is.


To make this story even sweeter, this is the third night in a row that this lovely couple fights the "Yellow!" Right now my queen is sleeping while I, her husband, can not sleep. This would seem to be so unexpected because with two previous nights of no sleep because, with all the tossing, and turning, and lack of breathing, one would assume that sleep would come naturally...


For now, the fight of the "Yellow" and the Greer's continues...

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA We are not winning this battle so far, are we babe? That is probably why I am reading your blog at 4ish in the morning!! My head feels like it is going to explode and I am waiting for the doc's office to open in 3.5+ hours :) Love you! Mal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously....humidifier in the room. (Breaks up that congestion). And Mucinex kicks the congestion in the butt. That is of course, if your Dr. won't prescribe anything.

    Good luck, you two. I'm praying it stays up there. This pregnant lady can't afford clogged sinuses this early on. I'll be very sick for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend wrote it best, "I have a flower growing in my lungs." I hope y'all feel better soon!! We missed you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good "Job" son - two writers in the family!

    ReplyDelete