Friday, April 30, 2010

Thankful...to be married to you 9x

In 9 days on May 9th, we will be celebrating our 1st anniversary! :) I could go on and on about what an amazing husband I have (because i do!!!)...he loves Jesus, he is HA-larious, by his actions I know he loves me, etc., etc. Instead, I wanted to list 9 "little" things he does that I sometimes overlook but I am quite thankful for. In no particular order:

1. He uses the closet in the front bedroom, so I can have the WHOLE closet in our bedroom! Our house was built in the 30's and closets were NOT a priority then, so every morning sweet Adam walks up front to pick out this clothes and start the day without a grumble.

2. He opens my car door. Without fail, for almost two years he has opened my car door as we get in the car. I am all about equal rights for women and I CAN open my own door, but it is sure nice to be treated like a lady. (Currently, my door handle is broken from the inside on the passenger side, so now he opens it when we get out too...haha!)

3. In the morning, he takes the first shower so I can sleep in a little more! I DO NOT LIKE the morning time. Although it takes me longer to get ready, he gets up and starts stirring around the house so that I can ease out of the bed. Now, that I think about it, he may be getting up 1st so that he doesnt hear me complain : )

4. He snuggles with the Cookie Monster. He says that he wants a "big dog," but I know CM has a special place in his heart. I catch them taking naps together frequently!
5. He doesn't mind helping...around the house...his friends...anybody. Did you know that he planned 80% of our wedding? I was so slammed with work and school, I was barely above water. He picked out the cake, the flowers, the location....and did an AMAZING JOB!

6. He helps me decorate the house for Christmas...in November!! I love, love, love Christmas and Christmas decorations especially ones that say JOY. I don't know what it is, but around Halloween I start getting an itch to decorate for Christmas. He does make me wait a little longer, but he totally helps me put up the tree in November!

7. He leaves me notes around the house. I find a sticky note around the house or in my lunch box all the time with an I <3 U and XOXO on them. I get a daily call at lunch time. The best days are when we get to meet at Moe's for lunch, but second best is that I get a call everyday to see how I am doing during his lunch : ) It is nice break in the day and it reminds me what a sweet guy I have.

9. He is now a GEORGIA FAN!!Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment