Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Grateful...for my crazy family

Last week lots of families across the country gathered together to give thanks for their many blessing and to eat until they had to pop open their top button : ) 

Same is true for the Greer family.  We traveled to Tallahassee to be with my sister and her husband.  This was a big year for them - being married, buying their 1st house, and inviting the in-laws over to eat!  Let's just say that is was nothing short of a firework show gone bad.  Sigh....

How does that happen?  Civilized adults who LOVE each other gathered together for a meal all under the same roof.  You would think that it would have been smooth sailing, right?!  Ha...I can think of lots of words to describe Thanksgiving (i.e. interesting, lively, energetic, wild, fast paced, nutty), but smooth sailing is not a word that comes to mind. 

In the midst of the chaos of family, Adam & I have lots to be thankful for this year:
  • We have each other!  (I could stop there, but I'll go on)
  • We have a beautiful home that we have already lived in for a year!  Wow, time flies!!
  • We are both full time Auburn students
  • We have jobs!  Even better: we are blessed to be able to work together!! 
  • We have family (biological and chosen) that bring excitement to our lives
But best of ALL....we have a relationship with our Lord and Savior - the One who provides all of our blessings. 

Even in the midst of family "chaos" and days that certainly don't seem to go my way, I pray that I will continue to see God's many blessings along this journey we call life.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment