Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wake up! Someone is in the House!!

Probably once every 2 or 3 months, I wake up with my heart racing, and I just "know" that someone is in the house!   Adam says that I shouldn't read murder mystery books before bed (which may be a good suggestion), but either way, he knows the routine: 

No time for questions! 
Get up!
Put on your glasses and go save my life!!

To date, no one has ever been in house.  So, generally he does his rounds of the house, turns on all the lights, and then we go back to bed.  In fact, we live in a lovely neighborhood and 99.9% of the time I feel perfectly safe. 

Well, last night, the story went a little different.   At 12:30, I heard taps (like maybe the "robber" had on high heels or something) and I heard the gate shut outside (so maybe the "robber" was stealing something out from the man cave in high heels!).  p.s. Yes, I did read my murder mystery book before bed.

Adam dutifully put on his glasses and went on his rounds.  Of course, no one was there, but we noticed sirens outside and saw numerous people walking around in the neighbor's back yard!  (All I could think at the moment was, "Ha!  I'm not so crazy.  I did hear something!!")  Turns out there was an electrical surge and subsequent fire at a home down the street. 

When we joined our neighbors outside, they were relieved to see us.  They said that they had called multiple times, knocked on the windows, and on the door, because their home had sustained damage too and they were concerned for us (so much for my keen sense of hearing; we slept through all of that)!

Happy to report that everyone is ok.  Nothing a little time and repair cant fix.

On a high note, I believe that Adam will be more likely to believe I heard something the next time I roll over and say, "Wake up!  Someone is in the House!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment